I'm Walking The 3 Day!

Oct-2007-I will be participating in an Atlanta 3Day walk that benefits Breast Cancer. Read my 1st post to learn how this started. 3K of us will walk 60miles. Each will have each raised a minimum of $2200. Crew volunteers will spend 4 days in support of us. Our effort is multiplied by 12 cities that will host the3day. I created this blog to keep friends and contributors updated as to what I'm doing and how I'm progressing. Check my links-They'll tell you even more of the story.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Baby Steps

I’m taking baby steps and progressing nicely.

I’m Walking. My walking goal is to walk 3-4 time a week. I’m starting at one mile and planning to increase my distance and pace slowly. I’ve been at it now for almost two weeks and am enjoying checking out the local tracks and trails. I’ve walked 3 park tracks and the mall and learned that four laps around my office is about a mile. My distances have been 1 – 1.5 miles and after walking the mile at work today, I was ready to keep going (but didn’t). In addition to the “official” walking, I’ve spent more time than typical on my feet—wandering through stores and shops. The first couple of times, my feet complained after I finished walking, but since then, I’ve not had any problems. I also went shopping with Jennie last weekend and was pleased to note that I didn’t have achy feet that usually come from following her from store to store.

I’m Fundraising. The $2200 commitment was the scariest part of this for me. But I’ve starting asking—mostly sending emails and I’ve told anyone that will stand still long enough to listen that I’m walking. I’ve still got some groups of people that I intend to ask that I haven’t tapped into yet, but I’m pleased (and amazed) to be over $800. And I’ve heard some amazing stories from people I know--about their own cancer experiences, their family members and friends, and even walking experiences in the 3-Day and other benefit walks.

I’m Blogging. I’m throwing this into the Baby Steps Topic because at least one of my friends was disappointed that I didn’t have pictures and I had a rather blah profile and no nifty bells and whistles. That’ll come. I grabbed a template and did good to figure out how to set up a couple of links. (I’ve added a new one that is a video about the 3-Day experience.) Maybe I’ll make it a goal to do at least one “new” thing to the site each time I post.

A Baby Step Request for You. So far, everyone is silent. I’m waiting for someone to break the ice and actually comment. Just so I know you’re out there—send me a comment. Or better yet, each time you come to visit me here and read a new post, share my site with at least one other person that might be interested in walking or donating. Your motivational and monetary support are essential to my not only making it to the finish line, but getting to the starting line.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See Becky walk. See Becky walk and walk and walk.
    Go, Becky, Go!

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang in there Aunt Becky. :o)

    Donna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home